Join us on this Bulago Island Extension!
3 days, 2 nights
This short extension is the perfect addition to any of our other Ugandan itineraries! You’ll journey to the lovely 500 acre Bulago Island located in Lake Victoria. It has beautiful white sandy beaches and lush forests, and there are many nature trails and areas to observe the 200 species of birds that call the island home. The serenity and peace of the island is the ideal spot to relax after a more extended Ugandan experience.
This trip also includes a visit to the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a project established to care for orphaned chimps rescued by the Uganda Wildlife Authority. They were saved from poachers and would not otherwise be able to survive in the wild. You’ll have the opportunity to see the chimps up close and participate in activities that will create a truly memorable experience. The island is also home to other wildlife, including hippos, crocodiles, and monitor lizards that you also might have the chance to observe.
This short excursion is a great way to end your time in Uganda! We are happy to add this to any other options and customize it to fit your needs better. Let’s explore the beautiful country of Uganda together!
Welcome to Uganda! After you meet your driver and guide, you’ll head to the Entebbe Pier WaterFront. From here, you’ll take a 35-45 minute boat ride to the beautiful Bulago Island. The cruise takes you across the equator and is a stunning trip. Upon arrival, you can check in to your hotel and enjoy some refreshments and lunch. You’ll then take a nature walk in the nearby forest and participate in other activities on the island. These can include fishing for Nile Perch, sailing, swimming, and bird watching.
Today after breakfast, you’ll take a boat cruise on Lake Victoria to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. Along with chimpanzees, monitor lizards and many species of birds also live on this island. Once you arrive at the sanctuary, you’ll have an orientation with a chimpanzee caregiver where they will introduce you to and give you a history of the project. You’ll then have the opportunity to feed the chimpanzees. You’ll be able to feed them from the platforms in the sanctuary and interact with them up close. Next, you’ll have lunch before being transferred back to Bulago Island. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax or participate in activities at your hotel.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Boat transfer to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Opportunity to feed the chimps
- Afternoon at your leisure on Bulago Island
- Overnight and dinner at One Minute South Villa
Today marks the end of your Ugandan journey. After breakfast, you will take a boat back to the Entebbe Pier Water Front. Here you will meet a driver who will take you to the airport for your onward journey. If you haven’t had enough of this beautiful country, ask us for ways to extend!
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Boat transfer to Entebbe Pier Water Front
- Transfer to the airport
We are happy to customize additional day excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Lake Victoria, Murchison Falls National Park, Gorilla & Chimp trekking and so much more.
- Your local experienced drivers and guides with many years of guiding tours in Uganda
- Lodging in Uganda on a full room and board basis
- Entrance fees for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- All cultural activities and excursions on the itinerary
- Contribution to the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in airports
- Driver transfers to and from the airports
- Wire transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to & from Uganda
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s Insurance, required
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Any visas required for entry to Uganda
- Any Covid-19 tests required for entry to Uganda
One Minute South: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
THIS 3 DAY, 2 NIGHT TOUR PACKAGE IS ONLY $2435 PER PERSON, FULL ROOM AND BOARD
50% of the total package cost must be paid 90 days before travel to retain your reservation, and the balance must be paid 60 days prior to the date of arrival.