Join us on the Zanzibar Island Excursion!
4 Days, 3 Nights
The perfect way to end a Tanzanian experience is with a trip to the island of Zanzibar! This four-day trip will give you a great introduction to this beautiful and historic island as well as give you some time to relax. Located off the coast of Tanzania in the clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean, this small island is full of diverse cultures, palm-lined beaches, and aromatic spices.
Here you’ll have the chance to wander around Stone Town, eat some delicious local food, and feed the giant tortoises on Prison Island. You’ll also. have plenty of time at your leisure to immerse yourself in the culture of the island.
This excursion is perfect for couples, families, or small groups and complements any other Tanzanian journey. So let’s explore the wonderful island of Zanzibar together!
Welcome to Zanzibar! After a short flight from the mainland, you’ll meet your guide and head to your hotel. After you check in and drop your bags, you’ll drive to a local spice plantation for a tour. Zanzibar is known as the spice island, and exporting them has been a large part of their economy for years. You’ll see where these spices are grown, learn about production, and get to taste some! Next, you’ll head to Stone Town for lunch. There are so many great restaurants in the area, and your guide will help you find one that works for you. After lunch, your guide will lead you on a tour of Stone Town. This UNESCO World Heritage site provides a glimpse into the long history of this island. This evening will be at your leisure to enjoy Stone Town and have dinner at one of the many fantastic restaurants you can find here.
- Arrive at Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (ZNZ) and meet an Off Season Adventures representative
- Spice Plantation tour
- Lunch (a la carte)
- Stone Town tour
- Dinner (a la carte)
- Overnight at Mizingani Seafront Hotel
After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll take a short boat ride to Changuu or Prison Island. It lies about 3.5 miles northwest of Zanzibar and is somewhat incorrectly named. It housed slaves in the 1860s, but the prison complex was only used as a yellow fever quarantine facility. It is now a government-owned tourism resort that houses a collection of Aldabra giant tortoises. You’ll be able to wander around the island and its beaches as well as interact and feed the tortoises. Next, you’ll journey back to Stone Town for lunch. The afternoon will be at your leisure to explore the city, shop, or relax on the beach. This evening you’ll take a beautiful sunset cruise around the island. It is a great way to end the day and take in the stunning surroundings.
Today will be at your leisure. You can wander around Stone Town and visit the outdoor markets, the rooftop restaurants, or the charming cafes. You can also organize a driver and head to the other side of the island to enjoy the beach. There are many options, and we can provide suggestions for how you can spend your time.
This morning marks the end of your Zanzibar experience. After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your journey home. If you haven’t finished with Tanzania or Zanzibar, ask us about ways to extend your trip!
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Transfer to the airport
We are happy to customize additional day excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Arusha, Arusha National Park, Moshi, Nairobi, Serengeti, the coastal region of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, the Southern Circuit, or so much more.
- Local, experienced drivers and guides with many years of guiding tours in Zanzibar
- Lodging in Zanzibar on a bed and breakfast basis
- Domestic flight from Tanzania to Zanzibar
- All cultural activities and excursions on the itinerary
- Contribution to the Kakoi Water Project through the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in the airports
- Driver transfers to and from the airports
- Wire Transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to and from Tanzania
- Lunches & Dinners (available for an extra charge)
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s insurance, required
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Any visas required for entry into Zanzibar/Tanzania
- Any Covid-19 tests required for entry into Zanzibar/Tanzania
Mizingani Seafront Hotel: 3 nights, Bed & Breakfast Basis
THIS 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TOUR PACKAGE STARTS AT ONLY $1150 PER PERSON, BED & BREAKFAST/DOUBLE OCCUPANCY.
50% of the total package cost must be paid 90 days before travel to retain your reservation, and the balance must be paid 60 days prior to the date of arrival.