Join us on the Highlights of Tanzania Tour!
8 Day, 7 Night
This itinerary combines many fantastic wildlife experiences with immersive cultural activities. It is the perfect experience for couples, families, or small groups. Journey to some of the most beautiful places in Tanzania’s northern circuit, including the Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti and Tarangire National Parks, and Lake Manyara. You’ll take several scenic game drives to show you the abundance of wildlife native to this country. You will also have the opportunity to stay in two unique tented camps.
Tanzania is a country where you come to see the wildlife but will return for the people. This experience includes many opportunities to connect with local communities. You will hunt with the Hadzabe, dance with the Maasai, and observe the talented artisans in Mto wa Mbu. These meaningful interactions will demonstrate how warm and welcoming Tanzanian people are and have you planning your next trip back.
Our itineraries are entirely customizable to meet your travel style, needs, and interests. Let’s explore the wonderful country of Tanzania together!
Welcome to Tanzania! Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you’ll be met by an Off Season Adventures representative and transferred to your hotel. If you are not too tired from your journey, you will have the opportunity to explore Arusha City. You can enjoy a cooking class, a farm or market tour, or visit the local artisans. Have dinner at your hotel and ponder the spectacular Tanzania experience that awaits you!
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) and meet a representative of the Off Season Adventures team.
- Transfer to the Mvuli Hotel Lodge for accommodations.
- Depending on the arrival time, you may have an option to explore Arusha City. Activities could include: farm tour, market tour, cooking class, local artisan tour, etc. (Cost of these tours are not included within this tour package)
- Dinner in Arusha
- Overnight at Mvuli Hotel
Begin your Tanzanian journey with a trip to Tarangire National Park for a full day of game drives. Located next to the Great Rift Valley lakes, the park is home to an abundance of wildlife, including zebra, elephants, giraffe, and over 500 species of birds. After lunch, you’ll visit Off Season Adventures’ Kakoi Water Project, which is building a year-round water source for 15,500 local people who reside on the park’s borders.
After breakfast, take a scenic drive through the stunning Lake Manyara National Park. Along the way, you may see giraffe, cheetah, tree-climbing lions, and flamingos. Proceed to Mto wa Mbo village for lunch, followed by an immersive cultural excursion that will highlight the daily lives of Tanzanian tribes.
Early this morning, depart on a hunt with the Hadzabe tribe. Using ingenious camouflage techniques and traditional methods, the Hadzabe remain true to their hunter-gatherer lifestyle that has sustained their people for generations. After lunch, visit the nomadic tribe of the Datoga to observe their daily routines, see where they live, and learn more about the metal handicrafts they make.
Today’s journey will take you to the far-reaching Serengeti National Park, one of the world’s best-known wildlife sanctuaries. Spend the morning on scenic game drives where you will have the opportunity to observe the abundance of wildlife that resides in the park. You will visit the semi-nomadic Maasai tribe that lives in Kenya and Tanzania along the Great Rift Valley in the afternoon. The tribe has mostly maintained their traditional culture and way of life. During your time, learn more about their daily lives, participate in one of their traditional dances, and purchase unique local gifts.
After breakfast, begin your second day of game drives in Serengeti National Park. You can expect to see zebras, lions, elephants, cheetahs, hyenas, buffalos, and more than 500 species of birds. Your day is guaranteed to be full of life-changing wildlife viewing.
This morning, travel to the stunning Ngorongoro Crater, one of the world’s most renowned natural wonders. It has a year-round water source, which creates some of Africa’s most fertile lands and makes for some excellent wildlife viewing. Keep your eyes peeled for cape buffalo, African leopard, giraffe, and maybe even a rhino.
Today marks the end of your Highlights of Tanzania experience. After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your onward journey.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- International flight home or continue to our many excursions
We are happy to customize additional excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Arusha, Arusha National Park, Moshi, Nairobi, Zanzibar, Serengeti, the coastal region of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, the Southern Circuit, and so much more!
- Your local, experienced driver with many years of guiding tours in Tanzania
- Lodging in Tanzania on a full room and board basis
- Entrance fees for all National Parks and Conservation Areas, including the descent into the Ngorongoro Crater
- All cultural activities and excursions on the itinerary
- Contribution to the Kakoi Water Project through the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in the airports
- Driver transfers to and from airports
- An emergency evacuation card, Flying Doctors
- Wire Transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to & from Tanzania
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s Insurance, required
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Any visas required for entry into Tanzania
- Any Covid-19 tests required for entry into Tanzania
Mvuli Hotel: 1 night, Bed & Breakfast Basis
Sangaiwe Tented Lodge: 1 night, Full Room & Board Basis
Bougainvillea Safari Lodge: 3 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Ang’ata Tented Camp, Serengeti: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis