Join us on the Tanzania Wildlife Tour!
9 Day, 8 Night
Tanzania has some of the most incredible and diverse wildlife in the world. This itinerary will take you to the country’s best places to see these animals in their natural habitat. Visit four of Tanzania’s famous national parks; Tarangire, Arusha, Lake Manyara, and Serengeti. Participate in numerous game drives and marvel at the spectacular beauty and landscapes found within the parks. Finish your experience with an excursion to the Ngorongoro Conservation area. The crater is a natural wonder and will surely be a highlight of this trip!
We are committed to benefiting the destinations we visit through tourism. A portion of our trips goes to our partner non-profit, Second Look Worldwide, to fund development projects worldwide. On this tour, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Kakoi Water Project. Located outside Tarangire National Park, this initiative creates a year-round water source for those who live there. You’ll have the chance to observe how your tourism dollars genuinely benefit local communities. Our itineraries are entirely customizable to meet your travel style, needs, and interests. Join us, and we will experience this beautiful country together!
Welcome to Tanzania! Upon landing, you’ll be met by a representative of the Off Season Adventures team and transferred to your hotel. Depending on your arrival time and energy level, you may choose to explore Arusha. Take a local market or farm tour, participate in a cooking class, or connect with the local artisans. Enjoy dinner at your hotel and contemplate the Tanzania safari that lies ahead!
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) and meet a representative of the Off Season Adventures team
- Transfer to your accommodations
- Depending on arrival time, you may have the option to explore Arusha City. Activities could include: farm or market tour, cooking class, local artisan tour etc. (Cost not included in the package)
- Dinner in Arusha
- Overnight at Mvuli Hotel
Begin your Tanzanian wildlife experience with a full day of game drives in Arusha National Park. Often overlooked by travelers, the park has many diversified landscapes ideal for wildlife. It also provides incredible views of Mt. Meru, the second largest peak in Tanzania. Head back to Arusha for dinner at your hotel.
After breakfast, drive to Tarangire National Park for a full day of wildlife viewing. Located between the lakes of the Great Rift Valley and the meadows of the Masai Step, the park occupies just over 2,600 square kilometers. Have lunch within the park and then visit Off Season Adventures’ Kakoi Water Project. The plan is to create a year-round water source for 15,500 local people who live near the park. You’ll view the progress and see the positive impact the project will make on the area once completed.
Today embark on a second full day of game drives within Tarangire National Park. Home to an abundance of wildlife including zebra, elephants, giraffe, and over 500 species of birds, your day is bound to have many animal sightings.
This morning you’ll head to the beautiful Lake Manyara National Park for a scenic game drive. Although the park is small in size, it has 11 diverse ecosystems, including savannah, marsh, and evergreen forests, creating a breathtaking landscape. Along the way, you may see giraffe, cheetah, flamingos, and the famous tree-climbing lions.
Today’s journey will take you to the immense Serengeti National Park. Spanning over 14,750 square kilometers, it is one of the most well-known wildlife sanctuaries in the world. Participate in impressive game drives where you will have the opportunity to observe the myriad of wildlife that calls this park home. This evening enjoy your dinner and relax at the Thorn Tree Camps.
After breakfast, head out on your second day within Serengeti National Park. Take in the beautiful scenery and keep an eye out for zebra, lion, elephant, cheetah, hyena, buffalo, and more than 500 species of birds.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before driving to the remarkable Ngorongoro Crater, one of the world’s most impressive natural wonders. Its constant water source leads to some of the most fertile lands in Africa. These conditions create some incredible scenery and wildlife viewing. Your descent into the crater might reveal leopards, giraffes, buffalos, zebras, and maybe even a black rhino.
Today marks the end of your Tanzanian Wildlife experience. After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. If you haven’t seen enough of Tanzania, please join us on one of our many other excursions!
- Breakfast at Bougainvillea Safari Lodge
- International flight home or continue to our many excursions
We are happy to customize additional excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Arusha, Arusha National Park, Moshi, Nairobi, Zanzibar, Serengeti, the coastal region of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, the Southern Circuit, and so much more!
- Your local, experienced driver with many years of guiding tours in Tanzania
- Lodging in Tanzania on a full room and board basis
- Entrance fees for all National Parks and Conservation Areas, including the descent into the Ngorongoro Crater
- Contribution to the Kakoi Water Project through the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in the airports
- Driver transfers to and from airports
- An emergency evacuation card, Flying Doctors
- Wire Transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to & from Tanzania
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s Insurance, required
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Any visas required for entry into Tanzania
- Any Covid-19 tests required for entry into Tanzania
Mvuli Hotel: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Sangaiwe Tented Lodge: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Bougainvillea Safari Lodge: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Thorn Tree Camps: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis