You've booked! What's next?
Visas are required to enter Tanzania at this time. The fee is currently $100 USD per person. Dates on the visa will be listed as Day/Month/Year.
Please visit the Tanzania Embassy website for full information and step-by-step instructions. Information may change without notice, so the most up to date information will be on the Tanzania Embassy website.
Please make sure you have a valid passport through at least 6 months after your return to the U.S.
Visit the U.S. Passports & International Travel for more information on your passport.
We recommend traveler's insurance for all tours with Off Season Adventures.
We believe that the Travelex Travel Select Plan is a good fit for our clients and tours.
Although the choice is completely up to you, you may click here for more information on the Travel Select Plan.
Our code is 27-0072.
And, you may click here to obtain a quote.
What to Pack?
- Try to pack as light as you can- carry on luggage only, if possible
- Camera/film/storage cards/batteries/zoom lenses
- Cell phone/battery charger/power adapter
- Walking/Hiking shoes
- Video camera/batteries, tapes, power adapter
- Cosmetic supplies/comb/brush
- Dental supplies/deoderant
- First aid supplies
- Glasses/contact lenses and cleaning supplies
- Insect repellent
- Anti-itch cream
- Medicines/vitamins, prescriptions/allergy pills
- Razor/shaving cream
- Shampoo/conditioner and styling supplies
- Sunglasses, suntan lotion, sunscreen
Before You Leave...
- Advise family of itinerary
- Arrange lodging for pets
- Clean/set refrigerator
- Have post office hold mail
- Leave key
- Put extra jewelry in safe deposit box
- Set heat or air conditioning
- Set timers and lights
- Stop newspaper delivery
- Turn off ice maker
- Unplug major appliances
- Water plants
- Obtain all travel documents
Have any other questions? Contact us here!
- Talk to your doctor about any vaccinations or medications during your trip
- Read recommendations on the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Addresses and stamps for postcards
- Credit/ATM cards/Money belt/Wallet
- Foreign Currency (USD can be used in most places in Tanzania)
- Health Card/Insurance
- Visa information
- Pen and paper
- Phone card/Phone Numbers
- Picture ID/Driver's license
- Reading material/Tour books
- Vaccination certificate
- U.S. Department of State (Provides country information on Tanzania)
- Tanzania Embassy (Provides country information on Tanzania)
- U.S. Passports & International Travel- Traveler's Checklist (Items to read through before traveling internationally)
- Travel Alerts (Safety & Security notifications)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (Health & Safety notifications)
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (Enroll your trip with the U.S. Embassy)
- U.S. Department of State- Bureau of Public Affairs (Provides information on relations between the U.S. and Tanzania)