Off Season Adventures
Small Group Tour to
March 7-15, 2020
16 Spots Left!
Join us for a small group cultural & safari experience to explore the beautiful country of Uganda! Journey to three of Uganda’s most beautiful national parks; Queen Elizabeth, Bwindi, and Kibale. From exciting game drives to gorilla trekking, this trip is packed with many incredible wildlife experiences. Uganda is known as the “Pearl of Africa” and this experience will demonstrate why the country deserves that name.
In addition to these unique wildlife adventures, we will experience authentic Ugandan village lifestyles and connect with the local people and communities.
We are also happy to customize amazing private tours to Uganda for all of our travelers. Let’s explore this beautiful country together!
March 7, 2020
Welcome to Uganda! Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you will meet an Off Season Adventures’ representative and be transferred to Banana Eco Village for accommodation. You will also meet your guide and travel companions for the tour. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax and think about the amazing Uganda experience that awaits you!
- Arrive at Entebbe International Airport (EBB) and meet a representative of the Off Season Adventures team
- Transfer to Banana Eco Village for accommodations
- Afternoon at your leisure
- Overnight and dinner at Banana Eco Village
March 8, 2020
Today we will travel to Bwindi National Park. The park is located on the border of the Rift Valley and is most well known for the rare mountain gorillas that reside there. The journey is beautiful, passing through lush green countryside and many local villages. We will stop at the Ngongo Cultural Center for an authentic lunch and cultural tour. The day would not be complete without a visit to the equator. You’ll have the opportunity to take photos with one foot in each hemisphere and witness the Coriolis Effect in person! This evening enjoy dinner at the beautiful Lake Bunyoni Safari Resort.
March 9, 2020
Wake up early this morning with the anticipation of the incredible gorilla trekking experience that lies ahead. We will start at Bwindi National Park headquarters for a safety briefing by a Uganda Wildlife Authority guide who will accompany us into the forest. Trekking to locate the gorillas can take the whole day or only a few hours depending on how far the gorillas have traveled. No matter how long it takes the journey will be well worth it! The time allowed with the gorillas is only one hour so make the most of your time with these majestic creatures. Once the trek is complete we will return to the resort to rest and relax. The hotel has several activities you can participate in if time and your energy levels allow.
March, 10, 2020
On this day we will travel to Queen Elizabeth National Park. This is Uganda’s second-largest park and it contains a variety of ecosystems including grassy plains, rivers, lakes, swamps, volcanic craters, and tropical forests. The diversity in landscapes provides excellent habitats for an abundance of wildlife.
March 11, 2020
After an early breakfast, we will depart on a game drive in the northern section of Queen Elizabeth National Park. This portion of the park provides incredible opportunities to view leopards, cape buffalo, Defassa waterbuck, elephants, Uganda kobs, tree-climbing lions, bushbuck, and topis. After lunch, we will take a scenic boat ride along the 32-kilometer Kazinga channel. We will have many chances to observe Nile crocodiles, elephants, buffalo, hippos, and over 600 types of birds.
- Breakfast at Kyangabi Crater Resort
- Early morning game drive of the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Lunch at Kyangabi Crater Resort
- Boat ride on Kazinga Channel
- Overnight and dinner at Kyangabi Crater Resort
March 12, 2020
Today we will head to Kibale Forest National Park. The park is home to 13 species of primates, including the chimpanzee, as well as 70 different mammal species. Upon arrival, we will learn about conservation issues facing local people when we visit sustainable community projects. These projects are funded by tourists and provide education, health care, women and youth empowerment, and clean water for rural communities. You’ll gain a better understanding of how ethical and fair trade tourism works and how these initiatives benefit these communities.
March 13, 2020
After breakfast, we will begin a full day of activities giving us a glimpse into daily life in rural Uganda. First, we will head to a tea plantation to learn about the production process and even try picking the tea ourselves. Next, we will journey to the kitchen to learn how to make local Ugandan cuisine. We’ll enjoy a traditional lunch we made ourselves before heading to the village’s handicraft workshop. Here we can observe how these crafts are made by local women and try weaving ourselves. To complete this day culture, we will be entertained by a traditional Ugandan music and dance performance.
- Breakfast at Fort Motel
- Visit Tea Plantation and tasting
- Cooking class with local women
- Lunch prepared during the class
- Visit and demonstration of women’s weaving cooperative
- Traditional dance and music performance
- Overnight and dinner at Fort Motel
March 14, 2020
Today we will travel to the capital city of Uganda, Kampala. The bustling city provides numerous cultural and historical sites for visitors to explore. After lunch, we will take a tour of the city to see important attractions including Kabaka’s Palace, Idi Amin’s torture chambers, the Gadaffi Mosque, and the Ba’hai temple. We will also have time to visit local craft markets. Our day will end at the Ndere Cultural Center with a meal of local dishes accompanied by a traditional music and dance performance.
March 15, 2020
Today marks the end of our Uganda adventure. After breakfast, you will be transferred to Entebbe International Airport for your international flight home.
- Breakfast at Banana Eco Village
- Transfer to Entebbe International Airport for your trip home
We are happy to customize additional day excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Bulago Island, Lake Victoria, Murchison Falls National Park, and so much more.
- Your local, experienced driver with many years of guiding tours in Uganda
- Lodging in Uganda on a full room and board basis
- Entrance fees for all National Parks and Conservation Areas
- Gorilla Trekking permits (1 per person per activity)
- Ranger guide for the Gorilla Trekking
- All cultural activities and excursions on itinerary
- Contribution to the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in the airports
- Driver transfers to and from airports
- An emergency evacuation card, Flying Doctors
- Wire Transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to & from Uganda
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s Insurance, highly encouraged
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
Banana Eco Village: 2 night, Bed & Breakfast Basis
Lake Bunyoni Safari Resort Hotel: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Kyangabi Crater Resort: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Fort Motel: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
THIS 9 DAY, 8 NIGHT TOUR PACKAGE IS ONLY $3950 PER PERSON, FULL ROOM AND BOARD, SHARING.
Single Supplement is $213 per person.
50% of the total package cost must be paid 90 days before travel to retain your reservation, and the balance must be paid 60 days prior to the date of arrival.