Off Season Adventures
Small Group Tour to
March 7-15, 2020
16 Spots Left!
Join us for a small group cultural & safari experience to explore the beautiful country of Uganda! From gorilla trekking to scenic game drives this trip includes three of Uganda’s most stunning national parks; Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale. You’ll leave with a clear picture of why Uganda is called the “Pearl of Africa.”
In addition to these amazing wildlife adventures we will connect with local people to experience authentic Uganda village lifestyle.
We are also happy to customize amazing private tours to Uganda for all of our travelers. Let’s explore this beautiful country together!
March 7, 2020
Welcome to Uganda! Upon arrival, you will be met by an Off Season Adventures representative who will escort you to your safari vehicle and will introduce you to your driver and guide. You will have the afternoon to relax and contemplate the amazing Uganda Safari ahead!
- Arrive at Entebbe International Airport (EBB) and meet a representative of the Off Season Adventures team
- Transfer to Banana Eco Village for accommodations
- Afternoon at your leisure
- Overnight and dinner at Banana Eco Village
March 8, 2020
Today we will make our way to Bwindi National Park which lies on the edge of the Rift Valley. The park is most famous for the rare mountain gorillas and the drive to the park is incredibly scenic, passing through various local villages and lush green countryside. On our way, we will stop at the Equator where you can take photos with one foot in each hemisphere and witness the Coriolis Effect in real-time! We will stop for lunch at the Ngongo Cultural Center for some authentic Ugandan cuisine and a cultural tour.
March 9, 2020
Early this morning wake up with the full excitement about the gorilla trekking experience that lies ahead. We will be transferred to Bwindi National Park headquarters for a briefing with a Uganda Wildlife Authority guide who will accompany our group into the forest. Locating the gorillas can take a few hours or the whole day depending on how far they have moved. For conservation purposes, the time allowed to view the gorillas is one hour so make use of that time and appreciate every moment with these amazing creatures! Once we have completed the trek we will return to the lodge for a well-earned rest. If you have the time and energy there are several optional activities you can participate in at the hotel.
March, 10, 2020
On this day we will be transferred to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s second largest. The park has a diverse ecosystem of grassy plains, tropical forests, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters and is home to an incredible abundance of wildlife.
March 11, 2020
After an early morning breakfast we will depart on a game drive in the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park. With the massive Ruwenzori Mountains as a backdrop, this part of the park provides excellent opportunities to observe tree-climbing lions, leopard, giant forest hog, cape buffalo, elephant, Defassa waterbuck, Uganda kobs, topi, and bushbuck. In the afternoon we will embark on a 3-hour boat ride of the 32 kilometer Kazinga channel which is home to hippos, Nile crocodiles, buffalo, elephants, and 600 resident species of birds.
- Breakfast at Kyangabi Crater Resort
- Early morning game drive of the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Lunch at Kyangabi Crater Resort
- Boat ride on Kazinga Channel
- Overnight and dinner at Kyangabi Crater Resort
March 12, 2020
Today we will head to Kibale Forest National Park which is home to a total of 70 mammal species and most famously 13 species of primates including the chimpanzee. After lunch we will visit sustainable community projects to learn about critical conservation issues from the local people. Understand in depth how ethical and fair trade tourism works by visiting these projects funded by tourists that provide clean water, education, primary health care, and women and youth empowerment for rural communities.
March 13, 2020
After breakfast, we will have a full day to experience community life in rural Uganda. We’ll start the day with a visit to a plantation where we will pick tea with the locals. Then we’ll head to the heart of the village, the kitchen, to learn how to prepare tasty local delicacies and indulge in our efforts. After our meal, we’ll take a guided tour of the village’s handicraft workshop. We’ll observe how these traditional crafts are created by the local women and even get to try weaving ourselves. To finish this day of culture and community, we will be treated to a performance of traditional Ugandan music and dance.
- Breakfast at Fort Motel
- Visit Tea Plantation and tasting
- Cooking class with local women
- Lunch prepared during the class
- Visit and demonstration of women’s weaving cooperative
- Traditional dance and music performance
- Overnight and dinner at Fort Motel
March 14, 2020
Today we will leave the countryside and head to the city to Kampala, the capital of Uganda. Kampala is bordered by Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake. The city offers a multitude of historical and cultural attractions for visitors to explore. Upon arrival, we will embark on a city tour that will include such sites as the Gadaffi Mosque, Kabaka’s Palace, Idi Amin’s torture chambers, the Ba’hai temple, and local restaurants and craft markets. End the day with a local meal and a traditional music and dance performance at the Ndere Cultural Center.
March 15, 2020
Today marks the end of our Uganda adventure. After breakfast, you will be transferred to Entebbe International Airport for your international flight home.
- Breakfast at Banana Eco Village
- Transfer to Entebbe International Airport for your trip home
We are happy to customize additional day excursions before or after this tour if you want to get more out of your journey. Possible additions include Bulago Island, Lake Victoria, Murchison Falls National Park, and so much more.
- Your local, experienced driver with many years of guiding tours in Uganda
- Lodging in Uganda on a full room and board basis
- Entrance fees for all National Parks and Conservation Areas
- Gorilla Trekking permits (1 per person per activity)
- Ranger guide for the Gorilla Trekking
- All cultural activities and excursions on itinerary
- Contribution to the 501(c)(3) organization Second Look Worldwide
- Beverages while in transit, excluding while in the airports
- Driver transfers to and from airports
- An emergency evacuation card, Flying Doctors
- Wire Transfer and other banking fees
What’s Not Included?
- International flights to & from Uganda
- Tips for your drivers, tour guides, and lodges, highly encouraged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Traveler’s Insurance, highly encouraged
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Baggage weight overages, if applicable
- Any incidental expenses
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
Banana Eco Village: 2 night, Bed & Breakfast Basis
Lake Bunyoni Safari Resort Hotel: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Kyangabi Crater Resort: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
Fort Motel: 2 nights, Full Room & Board Basis
THIS 9 DAY, 8 NIGHT TOUR PACKAGE IS ONLY $3950 PER PERSON, FULL ROOM AND BOARD, SHARING.
Single Supplement is $213 per person.
50% of the total package cost must be paid 90 days before travel to retain your reservation, and the balance must be paid 60 days prior to the date of arrival.